What documents will I need as a First Time Home Buyer?
Good question! If you have everything with you when you visit your lender, you will save a time and effort. As a First Time Home Buyer (FTHB) your lender will review the documents below for accuracy and give you a dollar amount for which you are approved. FHA loans have guidelines that could require additional documentation.
Below are items needed when applying for a FHA loan:
- Social security numbers for both your and your spouse
- Copies of your checking and savings account statements for the past 3 months
- Copies of any other assets including stocks, bonds, or cd’s
- Recent 2 paycheck stubs detailing your earnings
- List of all credit card accounts and the approximate monthly amounts owed on each
- List of account numbers and balances due on outstanding loans, such as car loans
- Copies of your last 2 years of income tax returns
- The name and address of someone who can verify your employment
- Copy of your Driver’s License
- Landlord information (If applicable)
The first step in qualifying for an FHA Loan is to speak with an FHA consultant who can analyze your unique situation. Click here to start the FHA Loan Process. You will learn how much of a house you can afford and the exact monthly payments you will have on your new home. Your consultation will involve a detailed overview of your income, down payment source, and credit history. Once you speak with a FHA Loan Consultant you will have the peace of mind knowing that you are fully approved for a new FHA Purchase Loan.